At PEN Consultants, our security expert is truly an expert in the field. When you hire PEN Consultants for your security needs, you can be confident in your selection, knowing you are getting the best security value for your dollar.
Founder, PEN Consultants
- Over 20 years experience in cybersecurity – 7 years government sector, 15 years private sector.
- Graduate of NSA’s 3-year CNODP training program
- National Security Agency GNEVA (Global Network Exploitation Vulnerability Analyst)
- Established and led the Red Team at USAA
- Worked on the SBIRS program at Lockheed Martin
- Master’s degree, Computer Science, University of Texas (Arlington)
- Bachelor’s degree, Church Ministries, Southwestern Assemblies of God University
- GCIH, GPEN, and GWAPT certification
- 15 years experience as a system/network administrator and security consultant/engineer/security analyst in the private sector (small and fortune-100 sized corporations)
- 7 years experience in the government sector performing vulnerability analysis and exploitation for the NSA (National Security Agency)
- Conducting security assessments (red teamer, pentester, vuln/exploitation analyst, etc.) since 2006
- 1,700+ hours of computer security training beyond masters degree:
- Suite of classes attended: Foundstone’s Ultimate Hacking, AoE/cybrscore.io, EC-Council, ANRC, GlobalKnowledge, Linchpin Labs
- Several SANS tracks, vendor training (Cisco, Red Hat, Mandiant, etc)
- Experience with 28 programming languages; written complex programs for both offense and defense in 17 of them – assembly, c#, Go, java, c, c++, Objective-C, R, Swift, python, VBA, VB, powershell, perl, ruby, AppleScript, php, html, js, asp, CSS, bash, bat, basic, awk, flex, sed, Mathematica, MATLAB, etc.
- Created thousands of signatures/rules (snort, yara, openIOC, etc.), behavior based detections/IOAs, custom detection frameworks, etc.
- two patents pending, three patents issued:
- Presenter: at HackWest, BSides SATX, Executive Women’s Forum, BSides Austin, and to NSA director ADM Mike Rogers, Commander Army Cyber Command LTG Ed Cardon, and Deputy Commander Army Cyber Command GEN Paul Nakasone
- Duties have included:
- SysAdmin, NetAdmin, support technician
- network and system hardening
- configuring firewalls
- writing IDS signatures, behavior based detections for endpoints, against log, netflow, and capture data
- incident response, system and network forensics, malware analysis
- performing audits, vulnerability assessments, pentests and app tests
- creating/leading red teams and CTFs
- source code analysis
- traffic and protocol analysis
- pioneering “hacking back”
- recovering (by breaching badguy infrastructure over 30 times) and reporting over 17 million stolen credentials through various intel channels and directly with businesses
- establishing and leading weekly training sessions, creating training documentation and demos, mentoring
- physical security and surveillance
- Pretext author, marketing and graphics design coordinator, communications, content review, strategic planning, social media, maintains workplace professionalism, etc.
- Master’s degree, Educational Leadership, University of Texas (Arlington)
- Bachelor’s degree, Education, Southwestern Assemblies of God University
- During the day, Rebecca teaches reading and writing to middle schoolers, and then she goes home and attempts to teach Robert.
Director of Customer Success
- Focus on building relationships and consulting with companies and organizations.
- 15 years of IT Enterprise Applications. 7 years in non-profit, 7 years for profit, 2 years in Local Government
- Enterprise Application deployment,optimization, and user access